How to keep food safe from ants in the summer?
1. Take a plate, dinner plate sized, steel is ideal
2. Gently pour water, so there is as much water as the plate can hold, less a little space for displacement
3. Put an upside down bowl at the center of the plate-with-water (thats why you needed to leave place for displacement of water)
4. Place the item/s of food you wish to protect on another plate
5. Balance this second with-food plate on the upside down bowl
Watch the ants try to figure out the moat (they cant). Experiment with a drawbridge. Release little crocodiles...
This is not my idea, i learnt it from my grandmother; except the last line, thats all mine:)